- Learning Support
Maimonides School, Brookline, MA
Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA, is seeking experienced candidates for a full-time Learning Center specialist position in our Upper School Learning Center for the 2020-21 school year.
- Work one-on-one and in small groups with students with disabilities to help facilitate understanding of the curriculum
- Work with students in small groups to develop study skills taught in the context of a student’s coursework that address a student’s learning needs and lead to independence
- Support students in high-school-level English and history classes, especially in the area of writing
- Support students in areas of Executive Function such as planning and prioritizing, organization, and time management
- Implement recommendations and accommodations for students with diagnosed learning differences
- Assist in writing Learning Profiles
- Closely monitor student progress and communicate with advisors, teachers, and families
- Keep track of student evaluations and contact families to remind them of upcoming IEP meetings and annual reviews
- Ability to maintain a collaborative spirit and bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm to work each day
- Master’s degree in special education, reading, or related discipline
- Experience working individually and in small groups with high school students and collaborating with teachers on differentiation strategies
- Familiarity with a high-school-level curriculum
- Excellent communication, planning, and interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; responds in a timely fashion to questions and concerns from students, parents, and staff
- Fluent in the English language
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired position in the subject line.