Gann Academy, Waltham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Gann Academy, an innovative independent high school outside of Boston, seeks an experienced Director of Marketing and Communication to oversee both the strategy and implementation of all marketing and communication for our school. The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, be well-versed in both digital and print marketing, have an eye for detail and design, and be experienced with customer acquisition. While the Director of Marketing and Communication will report to the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment Management and Student Success, the position will also support the development office as well as serve as a central hub for all external communications.
- Budget Management: Manages marketing and communication budget;
- Strategy Development: Develop an integrated marketing and communication strategy that reflects Gann Academy’s mission and showcases its unique combination of strong academics, Jewish education, experiential learning, community building, and service leadership;
- Digital and Print Marketing: Oversee all aspects of digital and traditional marketing including email newsletters, all social media, targeted direct mail, handouts, posters, print invitations, and all other print, graphic, or social media content;
- School Website: the Director of Marketing and Communication will oversee Gann’s all aspects of Gann’s website including updates and optimization, landing page content, and calendar;
- Manage Constant Contact Database and Communication: The Director of Marketing and Communication will oversee all parent, student, alumni, and other newsletters and develop systems of managing the database, and ensuring excellent content;
- Press Relations: Develops key relationships with select local and national press;
- Publications: Is responsible for the Advancement Department’s Annual Report, the bi-annual school magazine annual reports, and publications as needed; and
- Evaluation: Measures the results and efficiency of each marketing activity and our overall impact and effectiveness, and regularly shares metrics with stakeholders;
- Writing: the successful candidate must be an excellent and fast writer and be able to quickly edit and synthesize content from multiple sources;
- Graphic Design: The successful candidate must be well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite tools—including Illustrator, inDesign, and Photoshop;
- Technical Skills: The successful candidate should have some experience with social media marketing and be familiar with online marketing techniques;
- Time Management: The successful candidate must be extremely responsive and flexible, working on deadline to create excellent materials;
- Innovative and Entrepreneurial; The successful candidate should always be trying to go above and beyond, to expand current thinking, to try new ideas, and to improve outcomes; and
- Collaborative: the successful candidate will be able to thrive working on a fast-paced, lean team, pitching in when necessary and working together to get the job done.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a B.A. degree preferred;
- Five years of experience in marketing and communication;
- Experience managing strategy, programs, budgets, and people (employees and/or freelancers); an
- Experience in educational, non-profit, or Jewish organizations is valued but not required
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a 1 to 2-page writing sample. Ideally, the writing sample should be related to educational marketing.