Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Accredited by AISNE.
Lesley Ellis School (Preschool—Grade 8) seeks candidates with a strong commitment to progressive education, excellent academic preparation, student-centered classrooms and anti-bias curriculum. We are looking for an individual who will bring expertise and enthusiasm to teaching and have the desire to work closely with a team teacher and teaching team to ensure an enriching and challenging school experience. Strong candidates will have substantial early elementary teaching experience, ideally in independent schools. An advanced degree is preferred, but not required. All candidates should possess a demonstrable passion for teaching, excellent communication skills, and the ability to engage and intellectually excite students in their pursuit of learning.
Lesley Ellis plans to have all students on campus full-time for the 2021-2022 school year. Teachers may need to manage classes during which most students are in the classroom while a small number Zoom in remotely.
- Working collaboratively with co-teacher to plan lessons, design programs and implement curriculum;
- Teaching all general subjects using a variety of instructional methods;
- Overseeing all organizational and general communication aspects of the classroom;
- Providing positive guidance techniques to maintain a child-centered, developmentally based classroom environment;
- Establishing relationships with all students that are based on respect for individual learning styles, developmental stages and temperaments;
- Assessing each student’s academic and social progress, preparing bi-annual progress reports, and meeting with parents at least twice yearly to discuss growth;
- Demonstrating respect for diversity among faculty and student body and promoting a classroom environment which values diversity and pluralistic worldview;
- Serving as a full community member by attending faculty meetings, participating in events outside of school hours, volunteering for committees, and participating in admissions activities
- Masters degree in early elementary education preferred
- Two to three years teaching experience preferred
- Commitment to progressive, multi-cultural, anti-bias education
One year, school year position. Competitive salary and benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to:
Deanne Benson, Head of School