Belmont Day School, Belmont, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by sending a cover letter, resume, and references. Please include fourth grade teacher in the subject line.
We are seeking an innovative and nurturing fourth grade teacher to join a co-teacher working with about 28 students in a vibrant classroom beginning fall 2019. This is a full-time, exempt, and benefit eligible position. It is a ten-month maternity leave position and reports to the lower school head.
● Create a rich, engaging, stimulating program for fourth graders
● Have both the developmental and pedagogical background to embrace this age group
● Provide developmentally appropriate instruction and assessment in all curriculum areas, particularly reading, writing, science, and math
● Be able to develop curriculum and differentiate instruction to expertly support foundational skills and individual needs
● Communicate verbally and in writing sensitively, regularly, clearly, and honestly with parents, informally and through conferences and trimester reports
● Commit to building a diverse and inclusive classroom and community environment
● Contribute to and benefit from working with colleagues
● Participate enthusiastically in all aspects of an excellent school
● Embrace opportunities for technology in the classroom
● Keep useful records to be able to assess children and design next steps
● Teach and exhibit our school’s six core values of respect, responsibility, honesty, caring, joy, and excellence
● Knowledge of fourth graders and their developmental progression
● Thorough understanding of instructional practices in reading, writing, math, and science
● Ability to develop and adapt curriculum in multiple subject areas, especially math and science
● Establish and maintain strong home-school partnerships with families to ensure student success
● Strong collegial and interpersonal skills
● Great written and oral communication skills
● Cultural competency based on experience and professional development in diversity work
● Flexibility, sense of humor, energy, and optimism
● Bachelor’s degree required: advanced degree preferred
● Teaching elementary students required; upper elementary preferred
● Training and/or experience with Singapore Math, Guided Reading, and Writers’ Workshop preferred
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Please include fourth grade teacher in the subject line.
Belmont Day seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our community. The school will always be maintained as a nonsectarian institution. The school is an equal opportunity employer. The school complies with all legal requirements in connection with admissions and access to programs, facilities and employment practices regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or disability.