Charles River School, Dover, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Apply here by sending a resume and letter of interest to Associate Head of School Elizabeth Clayton.
Charles River School, located just 16 miles west of Boston, is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school in Dover, MA. CRS nurtures each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an energetic middle school educator to co-teach sixth grade. This teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing the sixth grade humanities curriculum, as well as collaborating on other aspects of the curriculum, including the health and wellness curriculum and the teaching of digital citizenship. This is a particularly exciting time to be joining our sixth grade team, as we opened our new middle school building (grades 6-8) just this year.
- Collaborating with the Grade 6 Math and Science Teacher to create thematic links between the humanities and STEM programs
- Providing support to students in social, emotional, and academic areas
- Working with upper elementary teachers and other middle school teachers to maintain consistency in the English and social studies curricula from year to year
- Communicating with parents about classroom events and student progress
- Participating as a full member of the CRS faculty (e.g., participating in recess and carpool duties, attending weekly meetings, serving on a faculty committee, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- A sense of humor
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who represent diversity. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to Associate Head of School Elizabeth Clayton (firstname.lastname@example.org).