Charles River School, Dover, MA
Accredited by AISNE
First/Second Grade Co-Teacher
Charles River School is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school that nurtures each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking an energetic early childhood educator to co-teach a combined first and second grade class. The successful candidate will work closely with a co-teacher within a team of four one/two teachers to plan and implement a thematic curriculum that honors children’s developmental pace and includes language arts, math, science, and social-emotional skills.
- Providing support to students in social, emotional, and academic areas
- Communicating with parents about classroom events and student progress
- Working collaboratively with early childhood teachers (PreK-2) to plan and implement curriculum and to share information about students
- Participating as a full member of the CRS faculty (e.g., participating in recess and carpool duties, attending weekly meetings, serving on a committee, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- A well-developed sense of humor
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competency
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who represent diversity. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to Associate Head of School Elizabeth Clayton (email@example.com).