Bancroft School, Worcester, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Bancroft School is a community of students, faculty, administrators, and parents working together to create an atmosphere of engaged learning. The Bancroft experience empowers both our students and our employees to develop connections and embrace their unique talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. A PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts, we are committed to cultivating a community that embraces differences and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
Lower School (grades PreK – 5) classroom teachers are responsible for the core academic subjects of literacy, mathematics, and central subject. Specialists teach science, Spanish, physical education, and the arts. Beginning in grade 2, classroom teachers collaborate with learning specialists in teaching students with language-based learning differences, developing an understanding of the philosophies that drive our Hope Graham Program. A culture of kindness and gratitude is promoted and nurtured throughout the Lower School.
Bancroft’s Learning Laboratory Method is supported in grade 2. Expertise in teaching using the reading and writing workshop method and Math in Focus is essential. The second-grade teacher works closely with teachers in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and grade 1 as part of the cohesive “primary pod.”
The best candidate will work effectively in a culture of innovation, student choice and collaboration with colleagues across the division.
- Teach core subjects
- Promote social and emotional growth of the students
- Communicate effectively with families
- Collaborate with Lower School colleagues on curricular and culture initiatives
Essential Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in education (preferred)
- Three to five years teaching experience preferred
- Experience in and enthusiasm for designing curriculum and inquiry-based learning
- Proven ability to differentiate instruction
Essential Attitudes and Aptitudes
- A continued interest in Professional Development as a lifelong learner
- A collaborative spirit
- A willingness to participate with enthusiasm in all aspects of the school community
- An understanding of and love for young students
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bancroft is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.
- Grade 2