Fay School, Southborough, MA
ACCREDITED BY AISNE
Apply here by sending a cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Grade Two Teacher.”
Beginning August 2019
Fay School seeks a dynamic, flexible, and creative individual who loves teaching and understands how to engage elementary children in learning. Building on Fay’s existing programs, this teacher will serve as a homeroom teacher and will collaborate with colleagues to teach grade two students in the Primary School. This is a full-time position and is eligible for benefits. Campus housing may be available.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience teaching elementary school children. A bachelor’s degree in elementary education or a related field is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred. Fay School values teachers who believe in differentiated and developmentally-aligned approaches to teaching and learning, integrate instructional technology, understand the importance of cultural competency, and are attuned to the social and emotional growth of young students. Fay seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
- Preparing and delivering materials and lessons as scheduled
- Assessing students’ performance by issuing effort grades and comments
- Effectively using technology to enhance instruction
- Conducting parent conferences and communicating effectively with parents
- Attending team and department meetings, and major school events as required
- As a homeroom teacher, being a primary point of contact for communication with parents
- Coaching athletics or leading afternoon student activities for two terms
Salary to be determined based on experience and education. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Grade Two Teacher” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, or military service in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities.