Saint Joseph Prep, Danvers, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The ideal candidate will the Head coach of the girl's JV Basketball team and the Assistant Coach for the Varsity team.
Saint Joseph Prep, a premier independent co-educational Catholic high school in greater Boston, provides an exceptional, accessible education that is student-centered, character-driven, and academically-rigorous. Students are prepared for success in college and in life, empowered to assume positions of leadership, and committed to being women and men of service.
- Running JV practices
- Supporting Varsity Coach as needed
- Representing the school with dignity and classs
- Being a role model for student-athletes
Minimum Level of Education Required
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• At least 1 year coaching High School Athletics or equivalent coaching experience required
• Playing at a college level or higher is a plus
• Representing the School with class, grace, sportsmanship, and professionalism
• Supporting the academic program of the School, putting scholarship first for the student-athlete
• Working with Administration, Faculty, and Staff to support the student-athlete (understanding that academics come first)
• Communicating effectively, regularly, and appropriately with parents/guardians and faculty/staff
• Establishing and sharing clear, understandable policies regarding tryouts, practices, expectations, playing time, etc.
• Being a positive, enthusiastic voice for the School on campus, in the league, and throughout the community
This is a part-time position, that requires candidates to be able to demonstrate drills and techniques of basketball instruction
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
Please send your resume and letter of interest to the Athletic Director (jamie.oleary@saintjosephprep.