- Registered Nurse
- Summer Programs
Carroll School, Lincoln, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Summer School Overview: Summer@Carroll is a five-week program for students entering grades 1-9 who have been diagnosed with a language-based learning disability, such as dyslexia. Students participate in academic classes in the morning and camp activities in the afternoon.
In an effort to address the greatest need of each child, we recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to a child’s learning experience. Our work is important, and we welcome candidates who add to the diversity of our community and demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in their work.
Position Summary: The Health Care Supervisor will work in the Summer@Carroll program on the Lower School campus (entering grades 1-4) in Waltham or Middle School campus (entering grades 5-9) in Lincoln. This position reports to the Director of Summer@Carroll and works cooperatively with staff, parents, and students to ensure that students’ medical needs are met on an acute and ongoing basis.
- Provide routine daily healthcare, administration of OTC and prescribed medication for campers
- Provide emergency care for all campers and staff when needed Follow standing orders and healthcare policies/procedures as described in the Summer@Carroll Health Care Policy
- Communicate with parents regarding student health
- Inventory and maintain adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of students
- Maintain accurate and detailed electronic medical records and accident report forms according to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Communicate with parents and staff any missing information needed for compliance
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies
- Provide information to staff on health office procedures and allergy/special medical concerns
- Provide EpiPen and inhaler instruction
- Participate in one end-of-program field trip acting as on-site healthcare professional
- 2020 Summer@Carroll Dates: June 22 and June 23 (Mandatory Staff Orientation); June 24-July 31 (July 2nd and 3rd - No Program)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent, R.N.
- Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts, current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Experience in a pediatric, community health, or other relevant clinical nursing setting preferred
Please complete the Summer@Carroll Employment Application Form ( https://www.carrollschool.org/about-us/employment) and mail with resume to: Summer@Carroll or email to: Summer@Carrollschool.org The Carroll School 25 Baker Bridge Road Lincoln MA 01773-3199 Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates who represent diversity.