The Rashi School, Dedham, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Rashi School is seeking a full time Hebrew Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
Hebrew Teachers provides Hebrew language instruction for a variety of proficiency and age levels. Teachers create lesson plans, conduct interactive lessons, assign homework, prepare assessments, and evaluate students formatively and summatively. Additionally, they collaborate with other members of the Hebrew Department to develop thematic curricula that align with best practices in Second Language Acquisition. The teacher communicates frequently and effectively with parents, guardians, specialists, and department heads regarding the educational, behavioral, and social development of each student.
- Create and implement structures and routines that support student learning.
- Observe, evaluate, and support student performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare materials and classroom spaces for class activities
- Provide differentiated instruction to students to meet varying needs and interests.
- Develop and implement tasks and activities that support students’ acquisition of Hebrew and Israeli culture.
- Utilize a variety of instructional formats, including whole group small group, partner, and independent work
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Provide feedback on student work.
- Collaborate with other department members to develop curricula.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assessments and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings with the Department Chair.
- Attend grade level meetings with the Division Director.
- Share duties (recess, lunch, etc.) set by the Assistant Head of School.
- Participate in Tefillah, Kabbalat Shabbat, and other holiday celebrations, as assigned by the Assistant Head of School.
- Lead parent/teacher conferences.
- Communicate with parents.
- Prepare report cards twice annually.
- Attend weekly faculty meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University.
- 3-5 years teaching experience.
- Fluent in Modern Hebrew.
- Able to sit, type, twist, bend, use telephone and computers, communicate orally and in writing