- Information Technology
St John's Prep, Danvers, MA
Accredited by NEASC
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll 1,500 students from more than 60 communities.
Reporting to the Managing Director of IS in the Information Services Department, the Help Desk Specialist is the first point of contact for Help Desk support and phone support, setup, maintenance, and repair of computer systems and audio/video equipment at St. John’s Preparatory School. Works with staff, faculty, and students in grades 6 through 12 to make sure that all end-user equipment is in excellent running condition. This is a full-time, 12-month, hourly position. There will be expectations for night and weekend work at overtime pay as needed.
Hardware and Software Support
- Provide first level phone and desktop support including problem resolution for software applications, hardware, and peripheral devices.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs in response to hardware and software problems.
- Support the setup of all new Apple hardware, especially iMacs, MacBooks, Apple TVs and iPads.
- Support the software management system (currently Jamf).
- Assist in maintaining inventory of all hardware, software and electronic media.
- Troubleshoot and maintain copiers and printers throughout campus.
- Troubleshoot and maintain phones on campus (both digital and analog).
- Technical support for faculty, staff, and student iPads.
- Manage the help desk ticketing system, including the appropriate assignment of support tickets to members of the Information Services Department.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation on hardware and software, maintenance practices, and problem resolutions.
- Provide end-user support for Wireless network connections.
- Support audio/video setup for events on and off-campus.
- Audio/video support for projectors, Zoom Rooms, AppleTVs, audio systems, and cabling in classrooms.
- Update and maintain the school’s internal video archive.
- Meet with members of the Information Services Department on a regular basis to assess needs and recommend suitable technology.
- Work with members in the Information Services Department to carry out all summer updates, maintenance, equipment replacement, and troubleshooting in preparation for the school year.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Apple Systems Engineer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform these essential duties. This list is intended to be illustrative, but not exhaustive. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, unless these accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the school.
- A high school diploma.
- Formal training in computer maintenance and repair. Professional desktop support experience preferred. Apple certifications and A+ certification desired. If you do not have the Apple and A+ certifications, it will be a job requirement to achieve them.
- Competency with the following operating systems: macOS 10.14 to macOS 11, and Apple iPadOS.
- Familiarity with Windows 10 operating system is a plus, but not required.
- Competency with the following software: Google Suite, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- An understanding of TCP/IP and ethernet networking.
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty, staff, and students regarding technology use both in person, over the phone, and in writing.
St. John's Prep is committed to building a diverse and inclusive campus community. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups. We seek applicants who demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism and diversity that is manifested in classroom practice, student engagement, interpersonal communication, and curricular decisions.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter, résumé, and academic transcripts to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com by Saturday, May 1, 2021. Please, no phone calls