St John's Prep School, Danvers, MA
Accredited by NEASC
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust, and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world.We enroll 1,500 students from more than 80 communities.
The Human Resources/Payroll Manager reports to the Controller/Director of Human Resources and is responsible for transactional Human Resource administration and compliance and all aspects of payroll from processing to general ledger input and reconciliation. In addition, the Human Resources/Payroll Manager will provide support for the Finance Department and will act as back-up for other members of the Finance team as needed.
Human Resources Administration
Responsible for transactional Human Resource administration and compliance
- Assures School’s compliance with all federal and state laws concerning human resource management, benefits, payroll, wage & hour, and personnel (including but not limited to ACA, FLSA, FMLA)
- Assures compliance with school’s retirement plan
- Reviews and revises employee handbook annually, with addition, as necessary, of compliance with new regulations
- Prepares faculty/staff agreements and compensation schedules, letters of agreement for non-faculty/staff coaches
- Maintains and updates personnel files
- Trains administration/faculty on interviewing, harassment, and appropriate HR topics
- Maintain strict confidentiality of employee and school information at all times
Solely responsible for all aspects of payroll from processing to general ledger input and reconciliation
- Maintains payroll database including gathering and auditing timekeeping data and inputting new hires, leave times, terminations, address changes, and pay/deduction adjustments in the system
- Enters bi-weekly data into payroll system and verifies accuracy for timely transmission to payroll provider
- Assures that all necessary pre and post-tax deductions for benefit programs are included in appropriate payrolls
- Verifies accuracy of tax impounds and federal tax deposits made by payroll provider
- Verifies accuracy of federal/state payroll tax reports submitted by payroll provider, including W-2 forms and quarterly 941s
- Prepares and reconciles general ledger entries reflecting payrolls and withholding accounts
- Assures accurate payout of budgeted salary and stipend amounts including tracking of changes
Serves as an administrator of and point of contact for all benefit programs, including:
- Works with Controller/Director of Human Resources to research benefit program options
- Responsible for implementation of new benefit programs
- Monitors enrollment dates and adds or deletes employees to and from applicable benefits coverage as required
- Calculates and reconciles amounts due to the respective vendors and submits invoices for timely payment through Accounts Payable or remits via online transmission, when applicable. Provide Accounts Payable with supporting documentation for online remittances in order that information is complete within Accounts Payable system
- Reconciles invoices due to vendors for benefits coverage, etc.
- Trains eligible faculty/staff on available benefits and assists faculty/staff with payroll/benefit questions
- Tracks vacation/sick /other leave
- Compiles and enters survey data for NAIS and NBOA
- Other duties as may be assigned by Controller/Director of Human Resources
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be a self-starter who is detail-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of five years of experience in human resource, payroll and benefit administration
- Experience in a non-profit or school environment beneficial
- Blackbaud Financial Edge (accounting system) and ADP (payroll provider) experience ideal
- Accounting experience a plus
- Experience in HR compliance a plus
- The candidate will adhere to a strict confidentiality in regard to School data, records, and information.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources