Applewild School, Fitchburg, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Applewild School, an Independent School in Fitchburg MA, has an immediate opening for an experienced tutor to:
- Provide services to students some or all of the following areas: reading, writing, and maths at the elementary level (grades 1-5); writing, active reading, math and executive function strategies for students at the Middle School level (grades 6-8). Subject support in science, history and/or geography may be required at all levels.
- Work with students in one-to-one or small group situations.
- Generate student-specific goals and strategies.
- Help students acquire appropriate skills and understand the required concepts.
- Bridge the gap between class lessons and independent work, helping students become confident workers.
- Coordinate with classroom teachers to provide assistance with assignments.
- Communicate with families weekly concerning each student’s progress toward meeting goals.
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold a degree in Special Education and/or reading instruction
- Have experience working with students with Language Based Learning Disabilities in reading and writing as well as math.
- Have experience with Orton-Gillingham or Wilson Teaching.
- Have a sophisticated understanding regarding ways to teach reading and writing to children challenged in these areas.
- Provide evidence of having worked with students with learning challenges.
- Understand how to help students with executive function challenges to become more independent and confident students.
- Be experienced with the curriculum-based assessment.
- Be able to assess student progress.
- Be able to modify instruction to accommodate various student learning profiles.
- Be able to use Google drive comfortably.
This is a part-time position with a varied schedule. There is a possibility of working with ELL students for qualified candidates.
Please provide a letter and resume and send it to email@example.com.