Dexter Southfield, Brookline, MA
Accredited by NEASC
About Dexter Southfield
Dexter Southfield is an independent school where boys and girls in Pre-K through Class 12 develop their individual talents and build an ethical foundation for life. Through a classical education and innovative programming, students learn to lead with confidence and serve with compassion. Our 36-acre campus is located on the Brookline-Boston line, just miles from the city’s best museums, libraries, hospitals, colleges, and universities—all of which serve as an extension of our classrooms. At Dexter Southfield, we approach everything we do with enthusiasm and commitment, living by our School’s motto: “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.”
About Our Team
Our Information Technology team is highly talented, service-oriented, and committed to the integrity of all School-owned data, technology, hardware, software, and systems. We pride ourselves on providing timely operational and technical support to the Dexter Southfield community of students, faculty, and staff. If you are seeking a role with growth potential, this entry-level support specialist position may be your next career opportunity.
You enjoy the challenges that come with being responsible for supporting the technology need of a vibrant school community. Working closely with the Director of Information Technology, you will be responsible for providing support to students, faculty, and staff as well as troubleshoot hardware and software issues to promote smooth and efficient business operations. You are a flexible, resilient team player who adapts quickly to change. You are self-motivated and have proven yourself as someone who can manage competing priorities with integrity, humor, and sound judgment, pitching in whenever and wherever as needed.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- Responding to IT support request via walk-in, email, or through remote access.
- Offering technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Support the use of equipment such as laptops, desktops, tablets, projectors, document cameras, phones, and printers.
- Provide classroom technology assistance and support to teachers and students.
- Assist in maintaining the hardware inventory database.
- Setup and/or operate audio/visual systems, with occasional after-hours coverage to support school events.
- Be capable of lifting and moving-related computer equipment and peripherals.
- Perform other related duties as deemed appropriate by the Help Desk Manager and IT Director.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required; five plus years of equivalent technology-related full-time work experience may be considered
- At least two years of experience supporting clients with their PC support needs
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows 10, Mac OS
- Demonstrated PC hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office 365 and some educational software.
- Student Information Systems (SIS) experience preferred.
- Knowledge of print management, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- CompTIA A+ and/or Microsoft certification desirable
- Demonstrated ability to consistently juggle competing priorities without direct supervision, meet project deadlines, and meet high performance standards
- Team player with strong customer-centered communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage stress, and adapt to changing work priorities and assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to establish and nurture effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents
- A good sense of humor
At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We offer a culture in which employees feel valued, respected, and are rewarded with a generous employee benefits package. The budgeted salary range for this entry-level position is $35,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to Carmen Aliber, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.