Inly School, Scituate, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
This position will cover a 3-month maternity leave (approx. 3/1/2020–6/5/2020) by assisting in two Montessori classrooms, serving 18 months –3 year old students.
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
· Create and maintain a prepared environment that is well ordered, clean, inviting. One that encourages student exploration and growth, and facilitates each student’s growing concentration and independence.
· Invest in the whole child, understanding that meeting the emotional needs of each student is a primary task of the Montessori educator. This includes: Offering warmth, security, stability and non-judgemental acceptance to each child. Facilitating communication among children and helping each child learn how to communicate their thoughts and feelings to adults.
· Work with peers in day-to-day activities, instruction, classroom management, transitions, recess, and parent communication.
· Supervise children in outdoor play area, arrivals, dismissals and in hallways.
· Check in with both classes upon arrival
· Prepare snack for all three toddler classes
· Aid both classrooms when entering the class and exiting the classroom
· Collect the lunch boxes and backpacks of students who stay for toddler lunch and rest from TH2 and TH3 and bring them to TH1
· Prepare the cots for toddler rest; help toddlers find rest mats and settle in for nap
· Prepare snack for toddlers who stay for the afternoon
· At 4:00 pm, walk remaining toddlers up to the main building
· Bachelors Degree
· Experience working in early childhood settings
· Proven ability to work collaboratively
· Montessori experience is ideal, but not required
Interested candidates can email their resumé to Dee Slavin at email@example.com
Inly School is seeking substitute teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. Montessori experience is not required, but experience working with children is preferred. Substitutes are expected to provide supervision, management of the classroom and ensure student learning. Candidates must be flexible and willing to work with all age groups.
Please email your resume to Dee Slavin at firstname.lastname@example.org