Noble and Greenough School, Dedham, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Founded by George Washington Copp Noble in 1866, Noble and Greenough School is a rigorous academic community dedicated to motivating and inspiring students to achieve their highest potential and to lead lives characterized by service to others. A co-educational, non-sectarian day and boarding school for students in grades seven (Class VI) through twelve (Class I), Nobles has a current enrollment of just over 620 students–including approximately 50 five-day boarders.
Nobles seeks to hire a number of Instructional Assistants to assist with the delivery of our academic and cocurricular programs under our hybrid teaching model, a structure during COVID where half our classes are on campus each day. Potentially ideal for individuals who are exploring a career in education, this role will provide first-hand experience in the practice of independent school education. A bachelor’s degree is required.
From 8:00-6:30 each day (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)—with time out for lunch—Instructional Assistants will work in-person with teachers, administrators and afternoon-program leaders to deliver programs. Immersing themselves fully in the life of the school, Instructional assistants will:
- Support teachers working virtually with classroom set-up, management and delivery of program;
- Assist virtual and in-person afternoon programs;
- Monitor the campus to ensure students are meeting safety guidelines;
- Proctoring spaces where students are congregating and studying during free periods;
- Help with the monitoring of student behavior during passing times.
- Support students to engage in on-line and/or on-campus teaching in partnership with the teacher-mentor.
- Provide coaching to students in partnership with the teacher-mentor (as appropriate).
- Participate in and support special (live and/or virtual) events/activities.
- Attend cohort and mentor meetings/seminars as scheduled.
- Help to manage virtual classroom transitions, including supporting students who cannot be physically present.
- Attend Faculty Professional Development Days.
- Support the tone for routines and behavioral expectations set by the mentoring teachers.
- Perform arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, and other support duties as assigned.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all students.
This is a seasonal position for 10-weeks during the fall semester (ending Thanksgiving week). The salary is $9,000 for the 10-week commitment ($900 per week) and it is not eligible for benefits. The position may be extended for the winter and spring semesters depending on a number of factors, including COVID-19 duration.
Nobles has a long-standing commitment to building a diverse faculty and student body.
We seek candidates who, in joining the faculty, would bring a desire for ongoing professional improvement, a diversity of experiences, and a demonstrated commitment to young people.
People of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, religious minorities, and members of other historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please complete the online application and upload a résumé with cover letter addressed to:
Nicole Anastos, Director of Human Resources
Noble and Greenough School
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026