Pingree School, South Hamilton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
The Pingree community is dedicated to academic excellence and the development of high personal standards. Pingree believes that a love of learning flourishes best in a diverse community that respects truth, curiosity, creativity, humor, and independent and imaginative thinking. Committed to developing global citizens, Pingree actively seeks faculty, staff, and students of character and intelligence from diverse social, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Pingree School seeks a part-time Interim Athletics Operations & Auxiliary Coordinator to join our Athletics Department (mid-August through November) for parental leave coverage. The ideal candidate will have experience in athletics administration and will be committed to working with adolescents in an educational environment.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Directing practice and game-day operations, including setting up fields and facilities for practices and contests, providing coverage at all home games, managing game-day operations (i.e. checking in visiting teams, covering balls on sidelines, running scoreboards, film, etc.), and helping to coordinate and oversee game officials (i.e. timers, scorers).
- Managing athletics auxiliary fall and winter rentals, including scheduling, communicating with rental groups, coordinating site supervisors, and facilitating payroll and invoice processes
- Assist in fall and winter equipment and uniform ordering, distribution, maintenance, and return
- Assist in the promotion of Pingree Athletics programs including but not limited to providing content and support for the athletics website and social media channels
- Other athletics operations duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills required for the position:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in athletics administration preferred
- Must be a self-starter who is detail-oriented and has the ability to prioritize daily tasks and work in a fast-paced environment; must possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Passion for working with and developing high school student-athletes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- A demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and anti-racism
- An understanding of the role of athletics in supporting the broader goals of the institution
- Afternoon/evening and weekend hours are required (approximately 30-35 hours per week)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume, along with contact information for two professional references, to Laura Ogden, Director of Human Resources and General Counsel, at email@example.com.
Pingree School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pingree does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran or active military status, genetics, or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.