- Learning Support
Rocky Hill Country Day School, East Greenwich, RI
Accredited by NEASC
Rocky Hill Country Day School seeks an Interim Director for our Academic Center for Enrichment for a maternity leave.
Rocky Hill Country Day focuses on innovative teaching and an interactive, inquiry-based educational experience to ensure that RHCD students grow to become navigators, critical thinkers, citizens, and communicators, who are innovative, self-aware, ethical, and globally-minded. Our diverse student body is made up of domestic and international students, and our intentionally small school community allows for individualized instruction and creates a familial setting throughout campus. Overlooking acres of saltwater marsh and Narragansett Bay, Rocky Hill Country Day School’s stunning campus fosters exploration and discovery for students in all divisions, nursery through grade 12. Rocky Hill Country Day School graduates are bold learners, prepared to navigate a complex and changing world.
Start date: September 10, 2021
End date: December 17, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders (faculty, students, parents, and the broader educational community) to translate research and theory into practice.
- Supervise, inspire, and equip the Academic Center for Enrichment faculty to effectively reach and support all students and as collaborative partners with classroom teachers.
- Provide direct support and specialized instruction to students in individual or small group settings.
- Work with the Admissions office to review applicants with learning differences to determine academic supports needed.
- Review neuropsychological testing and Individualized Education Plans for application in classrooms to support teachers in developing differentiated instruction and accommodation plans based on students’ unique learning profiles.
- Work with Division Heads and the Registrar to schedule ACE faculty with classes and students.
- Oversee the implementation of academic services for students.
- Communicate regularly with families about their student’s progress in ACE
- Serve as Testing Coordinator: PSAT, Pre-ACT, and College Board Testing for students with accommodations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by, and in support of, the Head of School.
The candidate will possess the following:
- Approaches the role with a solid understanding of the field of neuroscience as it relates to teaching and learning, keeping current with research in the field.
- Knowledge of the range of learning differences and experience with implementing the methodologies, strategies, and best practices which support learners with specific diagnosed learning differences or who are differently abled.
- Experience with a range of pedagogical approaches to effectively coach teachers working with students with learning differences.
- Experience designing and leading professional development for educators utilizing a variety of strategies, such as tech-based platforms, interactive tools, and other means to learn collaboratively.
- The ability to connect with students to develop healthy and supportive relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to collaborate easily and openly with others while also being self-directed.
- Excellent judgment and responsiveness.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A growth mindset.
- The ability to exercise creativity within your team and then act on those novel ideas to build best-in-class programs for this community.
- Knowledge of inquiry based pedagogy including project-based learning and other experiential approaches.
- Knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and commitment to ongoing growth in this area.
- Understands and can communicate the relationship between mindfulness and learning, and can provide insights into how this can be effectively embedded into the classroom experience
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree or similar advanced studies in related fields preferred.
- Training and experience with multi-sensory based reading and writing programs.
Founded in 1934, Rocky Hill Country Day School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school in East Greenwich, RI made up of 300 students in nursery through grade 12.
If this description speaks to you and you love working in a fast-paced and rewarding community, please send a cover letter and resume BY EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org.