- Information Technology
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students aged 2.9 to grade 12. Learning at GISB is a multilingual, multicultural experience; graduates earn both a U.S. high school diploma and a German international Abitur. In addition to its international focus, GISB’s urban location, commitment to affordability, and highly-involved family community make it a special place to learn and grow. For more information please visit www.gisbos.org.
IT Support Specialist: Part-time
GISB seeks a part-time service-oriented and motivated recent graduate to assist the IT Department during the weekday mornings in the hybrid, remote learning environment. The IT Support Specialist, under the IT Director’s supervision, monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks at GISB. In this role, you will be responsible for installing and configuring computer systems and maintaining working hardware for staff, faculty and students. This position is benefits-eligible at a 50% (or 20 out of 40 hours/week) schedule.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, monitor and configure computer hardware, systems, networks and printers.
- Troubleshoot and provide timely IT support to students, staff and faculty, repair or replace equipment.
- Gmail (School) account administration (technical support for teachers, parents, students. creation/update of users, groups, mailing lists).
- Set-up remote learning cameras and equipment by 7:45am and troubleshoot any issues that come up.
- Manage inventory of GISB Chromebooks.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
WHO YOU ARE:
A motivated recent graduate with a passion for troubleshooting, learning new systems, supporting clients (teachers, students and staff) and working independently. You are responsible, organized and flexible.
- B.A. in Computer Science, or related field;
- Experience providing customer support and troubleshooting IT issues;
- German language skills are helpful though not required.
Classification: Exempt, part-time
Salary Grade: Competitive
Reports to: IT Director and the Head of Administration
Contact: Please direct your application to Sara Kagey, HR Manager at email@example.com.