- Information Technology
German International School Boston, Boston, MA
German International School Boston is a bilingual independent school serving students aged 2.9 to grade 12. Learning at GISB is a multilingual, multicultural experience; graduates earn both a U.S. high school diploma and a German international Abitur. In addition to its international focus, GISB’s urban location, commitment to affordability, and highly involved family community make it a special place to learn and grow. GISB is an equal opportunity employer, providing generous benefits and a collegial, international work environment to a dedicated faculty and staff. For more information please visit www.gisbos.org.
Teacher’s Aide, Part-time, temporary German International School Boston seeks an energetic and organized classroom assistant to provide supervision, classroom support and technical assistance in the French and Ethics courses. The Teacher’s Aide will create a supportive and caring classroom environment for students while their teacher conducts the classes remotely. This is a part-time, temporary position with approximately 20 hours per week.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the classroom and all necessary materials are available for the students at the beginning of class, including the preparation of activities, materials and equipment.
- Supervise students during class and maintain a safe and collaborative environment.
- Monitor student progress and consult with classroom and subject teachers as needed.
- Provide basic instructions to students and monitor all examinations.
- Break and supervision coverage as needed.
WHO YOU ARE The successful candidate is responsible, organized and demonstrates a desire for working in an international, student-centered environment.
- B.A. in education, or a related field preferred.
- Experience working in a K-12 classroom.
- French and/or ethics instruction experience in the K-12 setting preferred.
- Comfortable working with remote equipment (e.g. cameras) and software.
Salary Grade: Competitive
Reports to: Head of School
Contact: Please direct your application to Sara Kagey, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GISB is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; national origin; genetic information; ancestry; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; age; physical or mental disability; citizenship status; veteran status; military service; application for military service; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.