Kents Hill School, Kents Hill, ME
Accredited by NEASC
Kents Hill School is at a pivotal moment in its almost 200-year-old history. Our Head of School has brought a clear educational vision and a strengthened focus on developing the whole student through a balanced, intentional, and purposeful curriculum. Our 225 students grade 9-Academic Gap Year hail from 25 states and over 20 countries. This small size allows for a transformative educational experience rooted in community, character, and values.
The Executive Assistant to the Head of School and Associate Head of School provides consistent, confidential, and professional administrative support with a focus on ensuring that all aspects of the school’s programs, initiatives, and policies are functioning efficiently and effectively. This position will facilitate organizational operations and should be prepared to show initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity in solving problems across the school. This position also plays an integral role with the Board of Trustees, attending and coordinating all aspects of the board and committee meetings.
Candidates possessing the following are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree highly desirable
- 5+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant to a high-level school administrator or corporate executive
- Assurance of a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity in all school-related matters
- Exceptionally capable in written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Excellent organizational skills while also exhibiting a high degree of flexibility
- Technologically savvy (Gmail, Google Drive/Docs, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work independently on projects from conception to completion, and work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters
- Capable of researching, prioritizing, and following up on incoming issues and determining the appropriate course of action, referral, and response
- Proven success at working collaboratively and efficiently on a creative and goal-oriented team
- Ability to see what needs to be done and take initiative to do it
- Passionate about the mission of the school and about working in an academic atmosphere
- Ability to assist in the drafting and editing of minor and major school communications
- Warm and personable with a good sense of humor and patience
NOTE: On-campus housing is not available for this position. However, one of the excellent benefits of working at Kents Hill School is full tuition remission for your child(ren).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
How to Apply: Please send a letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org.
- Assistant to Head of School