Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE, AMS
Apply here by emailing a cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience with children and education and current resume to Karen Diamond, Assistant to the Head of School.
ABOUT US: Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is a premier, independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers an education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development, and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools.
JOB SUMMARY: Kingsley Montessori is in search of an Co-Lead Teacher to cover the maternity leave period of one Kindergarten Entry Program Co-Lead Teacher. Co- Lead Teachers are responsible for all aspects of their students’ classroom experience as well as for partnerships with parents, professional and personal growth, collegiality, and administrative duties. All teachers attend regular meetings, observe, advise, and serve as a mentor and role model to other faculty in Montessori methodology, curriculum management, classroom schedules, record keeping, student needs, and the classroom environment. Co- Lead Teachers report to Kingsley’s Director of Lower Elementary.
Please visit our website at www.kingsley.org for more information.
QUALIFICATIONS OF PREFERRED CANDIDATES:
● BA/BS degree
● Minimum of 3- 5 years teaching experience
● AMS/AMI teaching credential
● Understanding of and commitment to Montessori philosophy
● Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
● Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
● Understanding of multi-age learning environments
● Commitment to meeting the needs of each child and family
● Education experience in a variety of instructional methods
● Computer Skills
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BY EMAIL:
● A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience with children and education
● A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Assistant to the Head of School