- Learning Support
Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
The Kingsley Montessori School’s mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers a hybrid educational program tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. We are committed to the health of our students and have put in place rigorous safety measures. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development, and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels each student to access his or her potential.
Kingsley Montessori School is seeking 6 highly motivated and trustworthy individuals to join our team. Are you looking to pivot into an educational role but do not have teaching experience? Are you a recent graduate curious about working in schools? Are you ready to make a difference in childrens’ lives? This is a groundbreaking time to support in-person learning with a team of highly committed educators. This position will allow candidates in the early stages or transitional phases of their careers to work with and learn from experienced teaching teams.
Among other duties as listed, the Kingsley Teaching Aide will assist faculty in organizing materials, facilitating on-campus classes, overseeing indoor and outdoor breaks, overseeing online study halls, offering clubs and other interest-based activities, and covering lunch duties. Ideal candidates have experience working with children and are interested in gaining more practical experience in a school setting. We’re hiring immediately for this position; contract extends until June 2021.
- Prioritize the safety, wellbeing and supervision of a group of students during on-campus or remote learning activities.
- Participate in and support special (live and/or virtual) events/activities.
- Participate in training initiatives and Faculty Professional Development Days.
- Support classroom routines and behavioral expectations set by administrators and lead teachers.
- Maintain professional communication with others and exhibit a receptive and open demeanor.
- Perform arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, bathroom and hallway monitoring, and other support duties as needed.
- Participate in weekly COVID testing (provided by school) while working on campus.
- College Degree required.
- Ability to work closely with students, peers, coworkers, and mentors effectively.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Google Classroom, or Seesaw a plus.
Kingsley Montessori School values and celebrates diversity because it makes us a better employer, builds a stronger school community, develops a sense of collaboration, and encourages mutual respect and broader thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience with children and education
- A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Hilary Gillcrist, Associate Director of Operations & Senior Administrative Assistant
*Electronic file names must be in the following format:
- FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
- FirstName LastName Resume Year