- Learning Support
The Fenn School, Concord, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Part-Time Language Arts Tutor (fenn.org)
The Fenn School, an independent day school located in Concord, MA, for boys in grades four through nine, seeks candidates for the part-time position of language arts tutor.
The tutor will:
- Provide tutoring services in some or all of the following areas: writing, active reading, and learning strategies (test taking, test preparation, organizing and prioritizing, note taking, paraphrasing and summarizing, and memory skills).
- Work with students in one-to-one or one-to-two situations.
- Generate student-specific goals and strategies.
- Assist each student’s acquisition of skills while reinforcing an understanding of basic concepts.
- Bridge the gap between class lessons and independent work.
- Coordinate with classroom teachers to provide assistance with assignments.
- Communicate with families concerning each student’s progress toward meeting goals.
- Promote critical thinking and self-advocacy.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Strong background in language arts, preferably a degree in Special Education with a focus in reading remediation.
- Experience with curriculum-based assessment.
- Deep knowledge base regarding the acquisition of reading and writing skills and the early elementary remediation of reading and writing deficits.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to accommodate various student learning profiles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Usage of and comfort with Google Drive and its applications.
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following materials:
- A letter of interest
- A current resume
- A statement of educational philosophy
- Letter(s) of reference
Please submit materials electronically via email attachment to Dr. Eden Dunckel, Director of Learning Support Services, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email. Interested candidates are asked not to contact the School once applicant materials have been submitted.
- Language Arts