- Summer Programs
Inly School, Scituate, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Year Round Program Summer, Pre-K–Kindergarten
Start Date: June 14–September 3, 2021
Reports to: Director of Lower School
Inly School is an independent Toddler–Grade 8 Montessori+ School located in Scituate, MA, 25 miles south of Boston. The School has a student population of approximately 290 students, 67 employees, and serves 20 towns on the South Shore. At Inly, our dynamic Montessori+ practices inspire our inclusive community of learners to explore and shape ourselves and the world with joyful persistence, curiosity, and compassion.
Inly School seeks an experienced Children’s House Lead Teacher to teach in a multi-age Pre-K and Kindergarten Summer Program (ages 3–6) beginning in June 2021.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this job include the following and are discussed in more detail in the Employee and Classroom Handbooks:
- Oversight and delivery of a Montessori curriculum and Inly adopted compatible curriculum
- Work collaboratively to design and continuously improve the academic program in alignment with Inly School strategic objectives and our Montessori core values. Curriculum responsibilities include but are not limited to: comprehensive, age appropriate instruction in all aspects of a Children’s House Montessori Curriculum
- Create and maintain a prepared environment that is well ordered, clean, inviting, encourages student exploration and growth, and facilitates each student’s growing concentration and independence
- Observe and evaluate each child’s individual progress and use those observations to record and plan future lessons that are developmentally and academically appropriate for each student
- Invest in the whole child understanding that meeting the emotional needs of each student is a primary task of the Montessori educator. This includes:
- Offering warmth, security, stability and non-judgmental acceptance to each child
- Facilitating communication among children and helping each child learn how to communicate their thoughts and feelings to adults
- Work with peers in day-to-day activities, instruction, classroom management, transitions, recess, technology, experiential learning, and parent communication
- Supervise children in the outdoor classroom and play area, arrivals, dismissals and in hallways.
The essential functions of this position require that the teacher possess:
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve, work independently and make decisions routinely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Excellent ability to observe, track and deliver curriculum to students with varied academic skills, developmental levels and learning modalities while developing and maintaining a well ordered classroom community
- A proven understanding of and sensitivity to the developmental attributes of the Children’s House student
- A constructivist, student centered, project based, and developmental approach to education
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and an ability to set an inclusive tone through communication and classroom procedure
- Advocates for anti-bias teaching, both for children and adults
- Sensitivity to learning differences and an ability to differentiate instruction
- A commitment to growth through professional collaboration and feedback
- An innovative mindset that embraces, creates and celebrates unique learning opportunities for all students
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Check email every week-day. Return communications within 24 hours. Emails received after 3:30pm on Fridays can be returned on the following Monday.
- Maintain respectful communications with all children, parents and colleagues.
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS AND CONDUCT:
We pledge professionalism in all areas of school life, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting oneself within the guidelines of the Inly Employee Handbook
- Upholding the Core Values of the school
- Conducting oneself professionally by respecting student confidentiality, cooperating with staff members, working out differences in a mature and reasonable manner and communicating unresolved issues to the Head of School.
- Handling other essential tasks as assigned with openness and respect
- Bachelor's Degree
- Montessori Credentials
- Minimum three years teaching experience
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to Dee Slavin, Lower School Director at email@example.com
INLY SCHOOL | 46 WATCH HILL DRIVE, SCITUATE, MA 02066 | WWW.INLYSCHOOL.ORG