- Learning Support
Charles River School, Dover, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Charles River School is a unique, inclusive independent PreK-8 school that nurtures each student by igniting curiosity, encouraging creativity, and cultivating intellectual engagement. Our graduates know themselves, understand others, and shape the future of our diverse world with confidence and compassion.
We are seeking a Learning Specialist for elementary and middle school grades. This is a one-year full-time position that involves a combination of direct teaching, assessment, and consultation with teachers and parents. The Learning Specialist will support students with diverse learning styles by providing meaningful intervention and remediation in both push-in and pull-out models. In addition to providing in-school support, the Learning Specialist will be expected to provide remote learning support should the need for distance learning arise.
- Direct support for the student population with diverse learning styles through targeted intervention and remediation
- Teach reading/writing skills to small groups of students
- Write student progress reports and attend parent conferences
- Attend planning and progress meetings with classroom teachers
- Serve as a resource to classroom teachers and parents in the areas of reading, writing and math
- Assist in administering and interpreting developmental screenings and academic testing in grades PreK through 8
- Assist teachers in interpreting neuropsychological and psychoeducational evaluations and implementing recommendations from those evaluations
- Assess students’ literacy and math skills as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- Knowledgeable about strategies for supporting executive functioning, attention, and other processes of learning
- Well-versed in language-based learning disabilities, ADHD, and other learning challenges especially dyslexia, dysgraphia, and dyscalculia
- Familiar with current teaching practices in reading, writing, and math
- Design and implement appropriate instruction to facilitate learning and growth
- Effectively utilize current educational technology and distance learning tools (e.g., Zoom, SeeSaw, and GoogleClassroom).
Charles River School actively seeks candidates who represent diversity. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to Associate Head of School Elizabeth Clayton (email@example.com).