Lawrence Academy, Groton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Lawrence Academy, a college preparatory school (grades 9-12) located in Groton, Massachusetts, is seeking a full-time Learning Specialist. At the direction of the Director of Learning Support, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work 1:1 with students to develop study skills taught in the context of a student’s coursework that addresses a student’s learning needs and leads to independence
- Interpret evaluations, write learning profiles, and oversee the implementation of recommendations and accommodations for a cohort of 10-15 students with a diagnosed learning difference
- Educate and guide students and their parents through the process of re-evaluation, nonstandard testing, and the college transition
- Closely monitor student progress and communicate with advisors, teachers, and families
- Collaborate with teachers and the Learning Support Office team to design and deploy professional development opportunities to serve the needs of students with learning differences
- Possibility of teaching one course in our academic program
- Work within a boarding school schedule that includes afternoon, evening, and weekend duties
- A degree in special education, reading, educational psychology, or related discipline is preferred.
- Experience working individually with high school student and collaborating with teachers on differentiation strategies
- Possess a math/science aptitude
- Working knowledge of educational and assistive technologies is highly desired
- Appointment conditional on satisfactory results of criminal records, sexual offender records, driving records, and Massachusetts fingerprinting checks
- Candidates will be required to pass a criminal records background check including sexual offender driving record, and a nation-wide fingerprinting background check
Interested candidates are asked to send a single PDF with a resume, cover letter, and list of references to Libby Margraf, Assistant Head for School Life at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Learning Specialist”. No phone calls, please.
For more information about Lawrence Academy, visit http://www.lacademy.edu/.
Lawrence Academy is seeking candidates with a commitment to cultural competence which enables individuals to work and communicate across social and cultural differences. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Further, the Academy does not discriminate and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or Uniformed Service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.