The Learning Project Elementary School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Learning Project is an intentionally small K-6 school committed to financial accessibility, diversity, highly competitive faculty salaries, academic excellence and character development. A hallmark of The LP is its warm and close-knit community where each student, teacher, staff member and parent is known to one another. The School has a $3.3 M budget and an endowment of $6.5M. While there is no plan to grow enrollment, the school is seeking additional space for its current programs and may be embarking on a significant renovation program.
The Director of Finance and Operations is the Chief Financial Officer of the school and manages or oversees all aspects of finance, human resources, facilities and technology. The Director of Finance and Operations reports to the Head of School, is a member of a creative and collaborative Senior Administrative Team, and supports the Finance Audit and Investment, Personnel, Financial Assistance and Planning Committees. The Director of Finance and Operations will be committed to the Mission of the school and be guided by its principles in all aspects of his or her work.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage all Business Office operations including budgeting and accounting, financial analysis, payroll, human resources, risk management, and benefits administration.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable accounting procedures and standards and overseeing the annual audit process
- Ensure that the school is in compliance with all laws and regulations that govern its programs and operations.
- Manage all aspects of plant management and any building renovations
- Assure the provision of all technology hardware, software, and services for the school including internet services and an internal network
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Experience in finance/accounting preferably in an independent school
- Proven success in a senior administrative role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keen analytical skills and a detail-oriented work style
- Ability and willingness to engage in high-level strategic thinking and problem solving while also managing the hands-on aspects of the job.
The Learning Project is a community that celebrates the racial, ethnic, cultural and gender diversity of its students, families, staff, and friends.
Application instructions and additional information can be found on the website: http://learningproject.org/careers/current-openings/
The Learning Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin.