Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Accredited by AISNE.
Independent school (Preschool – Grade 8) seeks candidates with a strong commitment to progressive education, excellent academic preparation, student-centered classrooms, and antibias curriculum. We seek individuals who will bring enthusiasm to a teaching team and work closely with grade level partners and specialists to ensure an enriching, challenging, and cohesive school experience.
Assistant Teacher Responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with the classroom teachers to support the education of students
- Engaging with students- playing, reading, conversing with children; address issues with kids as they arise;
- Supervising children;
- Providing support where needed (helping children in the bathroom; classroom cleaning; activity set-up/clean up; other needs as arise);
- Attending occasional staff meetings;
- Providing positive guidance techniques to maintain a child-centered, developmentally appropriate environment;
- Demonstrating respect for diversity among faculty and student body and promoting a classroom environment which values diversity and a pluralistic worldview.
- Degree in early childhood or elementary education preferred
- Experience in an elementary setting required
- Commitment to developmental, multicultural, anti-bias education
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to:
Deanne Benson, Head of School, Lesley Ellis School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesley Ellis School is an equal opportunity employer For additional information about our school please visit our website at www.lesleyellis.org