- Auxiliary Programs
- Summer Programs
Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Accredited by AISNE.
Lesley Ellis (Arlington, MA) is an independent school for students Preschool – Grade 8. The Summer Program Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing activities and games for children in both large and small group settings. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development of the children in their group. They will provide high quality indoor/outdoor educational and recreational experiences for children that focuses on the values of our school mission.
- Help write and implement a weekly schedule for your group.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, etc. appropriate to the children’s age range.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Communicate with parents about the children’s experiences and report concerns to Summer Program supervisor.
- Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the summer program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the summer program. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your group’s safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Serve as a positive role model and participate enthusiastically in all aspects of the program.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of supplies, equipment and facilities.
- Administer first aid as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification.
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in summer program activities such as hiking, team building initiatives, physical games, and activities.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Jeanette Keller, Auxiliary Programs Director at email@example.com
Lesley Ellis is an equal opportunity employer.