Tenacre Country Day School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by AISNE
At Tenacre, students and staff make a commitment to each other to work hard, to find joy, and to be kind. We strive to nurture and challenge each child, every day, and we endeavor to be a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and just school where all members of the community are celebrated. Through small, flexible groupings, we get to know each child’s strengths and growing edges, and we design lessons and activities across the curriculum to support positive learning outcomes. All of our students experience broad curricular offerings including science, Spanish, art, music, P.E., technology, and library in addition to their core homeroom experiences. Collaboration and professional development across the staff fosters a passion for teaching. Dedicated to the elementary years, Tenacre is a vibrant school full of the energy and excitement of young children learning.
Please visit our website at https://www.tenacrecds.org
- M.S. in library science from an ALA-accredited university program, or equivalent experience
- Experience teaching in an elementary school setting
The Library Media Specialist empowers students to be enthusiastic readers, critical thinkers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information. The specialist works to instill an appreciation of literature and ensures equitable access to information and circulation of materials.
- Teach library classes to students in grades PK-6, including literature appreciation and research skills
- Maintain library collection, which includes ordering and maintaining the physical and virtual library spaces
- Collaborate on projects with homeroom teachers and other specialists
- Act as a resource for classroom teachers
- Model and teach digital citizenship/safety and adherence to copyright and fair use requirements
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity, broad diversity, and inclusion in collection development and within the learning community
- Bring authors to campus as part of a schoolwide enrichment program
- Supervise lunch, recess, arrival and dismissal duties on a rotating schedule, and perform other duties as assigned
The spacious library houses a collection of approximately 10,000 volumes and includes a reading room for the younger children, as well as comfortable spaces for individual and collaborative work.
Head of School
Tenacre Country Day School
78 Benvenue Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
Tenacre seeks and welcomes candidates who will add to our community’s diversity in all ways, including but not limited to racial, ethnic, religious, gender, ability, socio-economic, and LGBTQIA identity.