- Information Technology
Lincoln Academy, Newcastle, ME
Accredited by NEASC
Lincoln Academy is seeking a Technology Support Specialist. This is a full-time, year round position. This position is available immediately.
We are looking for a person who enjoys working with people of all ages to solve problems and is also able to be self-directed and work independently. Technology at LA includes, but is not limited to: internet, WiFi, computer and computer related equipment, classroom audiovisual equipment, etc.
As the first level of tech support, the Technology Support Specialist will communicate effectively and collaboratively with students and faculty at Lincoln Academy to solve their technical challenges. The Technology Support Specialist (TSS) assists in the implementation of school technology as part of our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. The TSS is the first level of support for all faculty and student technology related issues; they will triage any problems and escalate issues as needed.
- Assists and coaches teachers and students in troubleshooting hardware/software (i.e. my video won’t load in Canvas, etc.) and escalates and tracks issues as they arise.
- Find creative ways to leverage technology to support teachers.
- Revise and manage the inventory system for all LA owned devices.
- Assists with the ordering and processing of new technology materials per the direction of the IT Director.
- Performs minor administration for students/staff IDs in GSuite and a variety of other managed systems.
- Performs minor administration of systems such as VoIP phones, wireless networks, printers, etc.
- Attends technology-training sessions per the direction of the Director.
- Assist in the preparation of technology for the opening of the school year
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess the ability to be self-directed and work independently.
- Possess the ability to communicate and work collaboratively with students and faculty in a school setting.
- Possess an interest in and aptitude for coaching/teaching tech skills to High School faculty and students.
- Possess recent experience with G-Suite for Education and the Canvas Learning Management System is desired.
- Possess recent experience in the installation and maintenance of computer equipment and audiovisual equipment.
- Possess current working knowledge of wired and wireless networking; various technology devices and operating systems.
- Possess working knowledge of all current operating systems, including Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, and iOS.
Experience: Information Technology 1 year (preferred)
Education: High School or Equivalent
Associates Degree in Technology (preferred)
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, and letters or recommendations to: