- Information Technology
Bancroft School, Worcester, MA
Accredited by NEASC
working together to create an atmosphere of engaged learning. The Bancroft experience empowers both our students and our employees to develop connections and embrace their unique talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. A PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts, we are committed to cultivating a community that embraces differences and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
This position carries dual responsibilities in our Lower (grades PreK – 5) and Middle (grades 6 – 8) Schools. Major responsibilities include teaching technology classes in grades one through eight and creating engineering opportunities for students and teachers in these grades. Students are taught the skills necessary to use technology confidently and with integrity. This person will manage the maker space and curate a program that encourages exploration and creativity. Through projects and challenges in technology and Lego engineering classes, students will use the skills they learn to produce and showcase their understanding. The technology teacher collaborates extensively with classroom teachers to integrate technology into subject area course work. Coaching First Lego League (FLL) teams is an important part of this job. This person needs to be tech savvy and have the ability to lead others on developing their skills and experience with various technologies. This is a full-time position.
- Teach technology to 1st - 8th grades
- Work with classroom teachers to integrate technology and engineering into the classroom
- Coach First Lego League robotics teams
- Promote the social and emotional growth of students in learning how to use technology in a productive ethical manner
Essential Skills and Experience
- Expertise with Scratch, Photoshop, Illustrator, video and audio editing tools, and the Google suite of apps
- Experience with 3D printing, woodworking, and electronics
- Experience with Lego Robotics and First Lego League
Essential Attitudes and Aptitudes
- A continued interest in Professional Development as a lifelong learner
- An eagerness to lead teachers in technology integration
- An enjoyment of tinkering and figuring out how things work
- A collaborative approach
- A passion for sharing technology with young learners
- Bachelor’s degree in the technology field and/or elementary education (master’s preferred)
- 3-5 years of teaching experience with elementary education
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bancroft is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.