Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Shrewsbury Montessori School is seeking an experienced full-time Lower Elementary Assistant Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The assistant teacher works hand in hand with the classroom’s lead teacher in preparing and maintaining a work environment consistent with the Montessori method of learning and teaching. The role of the assistant teacher includes assisting the lead teacher with managing a classroom of approximately 20 students, supporting students’ independent work, and supervising students in the indoor and outdoor environments.
The ideal candidate:
- has a background education and enjoys working with students ages 6-9
- is able to ensure the physical and emotional safety and well-being of the students
- is a team player who is willing to take direction from the lead teacher
- is organized, flexible, efficient, creative, comfortable with technology, and a problem-solver
- has a working knowledge of the elementary content in all subject areas
- is able to model integrity, curiosity, and respec
- is an excellent communicator, interacting with children, families, and coworkers in a warm, compassionate, empathetic, and confident manner
The position requires attendance at occasional evening school events, overnight school trips and monthly after school staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Montessori elementary classroom experience (preferred)
- 3-5 years experience working in a classroom (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Authorized for employment in the U.S.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Lower Elementary Assistant Application: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS