Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
ACCREDITED BY AISNE
Apply Here by submitting your cover letter and resume to Karen Diamond, Assistant to the Head of School.
Seeking innovative educators who are eager to be challenged. As a Co-Head Teacher, you will be responsible for all aspects of your students’ classroom experience and for developing strong partnerships with parents.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is a premier, independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers a Montessori education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student.
Our progressive, inquiry based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development, and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and private middle schools. Our core values of knowing every child during their Foundational Decade of Learning and partnering with parents propel students to reach their potential.
We are growing and searching for innovative educators who are eager to be challenged! As a Co-Head Teacher, you will be responsible for all aspects of your students’ classroom experience and for developing strong partnerships with parents. Other important duties include advancing your professional and personal growth, collegiality, and administrative duties. All teachers attend regular meetings, observe, advise, and serve as a mentor and role model for other faculty in the areas of Montessori methodology, curriculum management, classroom schedules, record keeping, student needs, and the classroom environment. Co-Head Teachers report to the Directors of Education at Kingsley.
- BA/BS degree required and MA degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience
- AMS/AMI teaching credential required
- Understanding of and commitment to Montessori philosophy
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
- Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
- Education experience in a variety of instructional methods
- Understanding multi-age learning environments
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BY EMAIL
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with overview of your background and experience with children and education (if not Montessori trained, then a rationale for why a desire to join Montessori)
- A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO
Assistant to Head of School