Inly School, Scituate, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
Lower Elementary Teacher, Grades 1–3
Maternity Leave, April 5-June16, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Head of School
Inly School is an independent Toddler–Grade 8 Montessori+ School located in Scituate, MA, 25 miles south of Boston. The School has a student population of approximately 290 students, 67 employees, and serves 20 towns on the South Shore. At Inly, our dynamic Montessori+ practices inspire our inclusive community of learners to explore and shape ourselves and the world with joyful persistence, curiosity, and compassion.
Inly School seeks an experienced Lower Elementary Teacher to teach in a multi-age elementary classroom (grades 1–3) beginning in April 2021.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- The ability to team-teach using a variety of instructional methods.
- Experience in curriculum development and delivery of content.
- Strong background in literacy instruction and math.
- Minimum of three years experience working with children at this age level.
- Montessori certification, 6–9 (AMS preferred) is not required but a plus.
- A strong foundation in and understanding of Montessori philosophy and pedagogy, as well as an interest in current educational research and innovative practices.
- Advocates for anti-bias teaching, both for children and adults
- Experience with Lucy Calkins Writers Workshop and Fountas and Pinnell literacy program a plus.
- Willingness to work with peers in day-to-day activities, instruction, classroom management, transitions, recess, technology, experiential learning, and parent communication.
- Proficiency with technology.
- Occasional lifting, bending and climbing stairs
- Frequent talking, listening, walking, sitting and standing
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks and function in a fast-paced working environment
BENEFITS for Full Time Employees:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance; supplemental life insurance available
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick (faculty only), and personal time
- Flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent care
- Tuition assistance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Life, AD&D (employer paid), vision
- Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness
- Employer paid LTD, STD
- Free AM/PM Club and Discovery Program for enrolled students of faculty
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to Dee Slavin, Lower School Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- lower elementary