- Lower School
Kingsley Montessori School, Boston, MA
Accredited by AISNE and AMS
The Kingsley Montessori School’s mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers an educational program tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. We are committed to the health of our students and have put in place rigorous safety measures to operate in person. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels students to access their potential.
Kingsley is looking for culturally aware applicants for the position of Lower Elementary Co-Lead Teacher. We seek reflective, intentional educators who are looking to contribute to a progressive Montessori curriculum, pedagogy, and principles. As a Co-Lead Teacher, this individual will share responsibility for all aspects of our students’ classroom experience and for developing strong partnerships with parents and colleagues. Other important duties include advancing your professional and personal growth and fulfilling administrative duties. All teachers attend regular meetings, observe, advise, and serve as a mentor and role model for other faculty in the areas of curriculum management, classroom schedules, record keeping, student needs, and the classroom environment. Lower Elementary Co-Lead Teachers report to the Lower Elementary Director of Education. Candidates with independent school experience, advanced degrees and strong backgrounds teaching and DEI work will be preferred.
- BA/BS degree required and MA degree preferred
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Experience with a variety of instructional methods and multi-age learning environments
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
- Commitment to professional growth and best practices in education
- Either American Montessori Society (AMS), or Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) teaching credentials required.
- Competitive, independent school salaries
- 03b plan
- Dental, Health, and Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Extensive, professional development opportunities, including Montessori training
- Qualified transportation program
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible employees seeking Montessori certification
- Kingsley tuition remission of up to 50% for eligible children of full-time employees
Kingsley Montessori School values and celebrates diversity because it makes us a better employer, builds a stronger school community, develops a sense of collaboration, and encourages mutual respect and broader thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience with children and education
- A current resume
*Electronic file names must be in the following format:
- FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
- FirstName LastName Resume Year
- Please include the job you are applying for in the subject line
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Hilary Gillcrist, Associate Director of Operations & Senior Administrative Assistant