- Learning Support
The Pike School, Andover, MA
Accredited by AISNE
The Pike School is seeking a Lower & Middle School Coordinator of Instructional Support for the 2020-2021 school year.
The central mission of the Coordinator of Instructional Support is to ensure that students in Pike’s Lower (Grades PK-2) and Middle (Grades 3-5) Schools are provided with appropriate instruction and intervention based on best educational practices supported by research. The role also includes responsibility for working collaboratively with faculty members to help ensure curricular offerings are appropriately differentiated to meet the instructional needs of our diverse student body.
In partnership with the Lower School/Middle School Division Head, as well as other faculty such as the Director of Learning Services, Instructional Coaches, Reading Specialist, and School Counselor, the Lower & Middle School Coordinator of Instructional Support will help to create a positive school environment and provide programming and leadership that allows students to flourish and find academic success. The Coordinator of Instructional Support will develop professional development opportunities for teachers in order to support neurodiverse classrooms. The ideal candidate has experience as a classroom teacher, an understanding of the principles of special education and social emotional learning, and expertise in helping multilingual learners access curriculum, achieve academic success, and contribute their multilingual and multicultural resources to their school community.
- Supporting teachers to meet the needs of diverse learners, including multilingual learners
- Working with small groups of students to reteach/extend curriculum in all subject areas, both as a support to teachers and learners as well as to model best practices
- Supporting students going through the evaluation (private and/or IEP) process and their families, including developing plans to implement accommodations, modifications, and recommendations
- Providing leadership in the curricular review process, bringing expertise in inclusion, neurodiversity, multilingual education research/best practices, etc.
- Developing relationships with outside professionals (Speech/Language, Occupational Therapists, behaviorists, etc) in an effort to improve and extend our referral process and to better meet the needs of our students
- Participating in weekly team meetings with grade level teachers, School Counselor, and Director of Learning Services, in an effort to best support student learning
- Communicating with families about their children’s learning and growth, both academic as well as social-emotional
- Collaborating with the LS/MS Division Head to organize and facilitate community events for students, including assemblies, houses, clubs, etc., as well as parent education opportunities
- Along with all faculty/staff/administrators at Pike, performing daily duties (carpool, recess, lunch) in order to better connect with the student body as well as families
- Accompanying our fifth grade team on a 3-night overnight trip to serve as a chaperone and leader.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong knowledge base in the area of multilingual learners
- Experience with neurodiverse student profiles and specific special education background preferred
- Elementary teaching experience
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills; strong sense of self-motivation
- Growth mindset and passion for lifelong learning
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
For a full job description and instructions on how to apply, all interested candidates should visit www.pikeschool.org/employment and click APPLY below the job description.