Lincoln School, Providence, RI
Accredited by NEASC and FCE
Lincoln School, founded in 1884, is an independent K-12 Quaker girls’ school in Providence, Rhode Island. We are currently seeking full-time Assistant Teachers for elementary grades.
In conjunction with the Lead Teacher, the Assistant Teacher will:
- Creates a joyful and respectful classroom environment that celebrates the uniqueness, perspective and cultural background of each individual and that is actively anti-racist
- Prepare units and lesson plans
- Teach) in all core academic subjects (reading, writing, grammar, mathematics, social studies), including lesson preparation, delivery, and assessment.
- Plan, prepare, and develop teaching aid
- Incorporate technology into teaching
- Contribute to the maintenance of a clean, safe, exciting, and organized learning environment for the students
- Build strong relationships with parents and respond to parents' comments and concerns with sensitivity, interest, and respect while maintaining confidentiality
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences
- Write progress reports in conjunction with the Lead Teacher
- Have weekly duties including recess, lunch, Extended Morning, and Extended Afternoon.
- Be an active member of the Lower School community
- Attend faculty meetings and serve on committees
- Degree in Elementary Education preferred
- Elementary teaching experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strength in use of educational technology preferred
- Continuing interest in professional growth
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- An understanding of and appreciation for the developmental range of the age group
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor and a kind spirit
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, statement of educational philosophy, and a list of 3-5 references with contact information to Maureen Devlin, Director of Lower School at email@example.com.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of underrepresented groups and all persons committed to culturally responsive teaching are strongly encouraged to apply. Lincoln School values having diverse faculty and staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, and people who are multilingual and share our commitment to educating girls to fearlessly embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world.