- Learning Support
Lincoln School, Providence, RI
Accredited by NEASC and FCE
Lincoln School, founded in 1884, is an independent K-12 Quaker girls’ school in Providence, Rhode Island. We are currently seeking a full-time Math Specialist for its Lower School for the 2021-22 school year. Lincoln School values working with a diverse faculty and staff and seeks applications from individuals who share our commitment to educating girls to fearlessly embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world.
The overall goal of the math specialist is to promote student learning in mathematics and to provide ongoing support to classroom teachers in the teaching of mathematics.
- Support all students in a variety of ways, in both push-in and pull-out models, through direct instruction, for acceleration, remediation, and general instruction
- Facilitation and participation in regular, collaborative instructional planning time
- Modeling, coaching, and supporting teachers in the implementation of differentiated instructional practices
- Leading high-quality professional development which addresses mathematical content, best practices, assessment strategies, data analysis, and trends in mathematics education
- Participation in parent conferences and to support the parent/teacher and home/school partnerships
- Seeking instructional materials and resources that support curriculum and instruction
- Assuming leadership in the mathematical program, including developing and conducting parent workshops and special events such as Math Mornings
- Assisting in the overall evaluation of the mathematics program, including interpreting and presenting assessment data
Applicants should have exemplary pedagogical skills, a passion for teaching and learning from young people, a commitment to fostering antiracist learning spaces, and a love for working with young people in all facets of their school experience; Teachers at Lincoln maintain a reflective practice that involves collaboration and critical dialogue with colleagues and division leadership about their teaching, and are committed to upholding and advancing Lincoln’s values of community, equity, and inclusion.
- Advanced degree in mathematics or certification as an elementary math specialist
- Five (5) years of experience as an elementary mathematics teacher
- Deep and broad understanding of mathematical content, instructional strategies, and trends
- Collaborative skills, including the ability to work with adults
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Facility with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Veracross, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, SeeSaw, and/or other technology directly linked to teaching at Lincoln School
- An understanding of and appreciation for the developmental range of the age group
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusivity
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor and a kind spirit
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, statement of educational philosophy, and a list of 3-5 references to Julie Stafford, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about Lincoln School can be found on our website at www.lincolnschool.org.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of groups historically underrepresented in independent schools are strongly encouraged to apply.