Friends Academy, North Dartmouth, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Friends Academy is a small, progressive EC-8 school of 250 students on the South Coast of Massachusetts. We are known for having a strong sense of community that balances academics, arts, social and emotional learning, athletics, and outdoor activities.
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated Lower School music and drama teacher for the 2020-21 academic school year.
The ideal candidate would:
- Love Lower School students and learning
- Serve as a role model for students and demonstrate a commitment to our school’s mission
- Design, implement, and creatively deliver curriculum for grades EC-4
- Promote responsible citizenship and respect for diversity and differences
- Have a positive outlook on the world and opportunities for young people
- Desire to contribute to something larger than oneself and have a deep-seated belief in the power of teamwork
- Differentiate curriculum for different types of learners
- Be dedicated to social-emotional learning and positive discipline practices
- Collaborate with grade teams and departments to create an integrated academic program for our students
- Lead “Band of Friends” with grades 3-5
- Design and implement a curriculum which includes activities such as singing/chorus, keyboards, music theory, drama, improvisation, and performance art
- Co-lead two drama performances per year in collaboration with the arts department faculty (Fall- Grades 5-6/Spring- Grades 7-8)
- Manage Lower and Middle School’s holiday performances (Dec.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject
- Teaching experience
- Valued qualities include being creative, high energy, flexible, positive, culturally competent, warm, and possessing a sense of humor.
- Dedication to working in a vigorous, progressive school community with a commitment to equity and inclusion.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Jamie Ross-Cory, Assistant Head of School for Instruction and Student Life.