Cambridge Friends School, Cambridge, MA
Accredited by AISNE
Cambridge Friends School is seeking a part-time Lower School Music Teacher for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Cambridge Friends School is dedicated to providing an outstanding education guided by Quaker principles. We engage students in meaningful academic learning within a caring community strongly committed to social justice. The school’s strength is its Quaker inspired mission and the tremendous passion the educators, students, parents, friends, and trustees have for the school. We seek candidates who will add to the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of the school community.
The music teacher will be responsible for teaching general music to students in Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten, First and Second grade classes. The teacher will also lead sing-a-longs at Lower School Community Meetings and assist the upper elementary music teacher in all-school sings. The teacher will also be responsible for managing the daily affairs of a music classroom including parent education and communications, teacher collaborations, and other school based duties and responsibilities.
· Teach weekly PreK/Kindergarten, First grade, and Second grade music classes
· Lead sing-a-longs at monthly Lower School Community Meetings
· Participate in monthly Lower School specialist teacher meetings
· Regular communications with parent about classroom activities
· Complete student progress reports
· Attend full faculty and divisional meetings
· Meet regularly with the Lower School Head to discuss issues concerning PreK, Kindergarten, First and Second Grade students
Qualifications: The ideal candidate has
· A working knowledge of traditional and contemporary music
· Strong guitar and/or keyboard skills
· Orff training
· Strong classroom skills with PreK, Kindergarten, First, and Second grade students
· Familiarity with a wide range of learning styles
· A commitment to the creation and sustainability of an inclusive, anti-racist, anti-homophobic, equitable learning environment for all students
· A Bachelor’s Degree. A Master’s Degree is preferred
All Cambridge Friends Lower School teachers are expected to be active community members, sharing supervisory duties and demonstrate general support and care of the school community.
All lower school teachers’ responsibilities include student counsel and guidance: overseeing students' progress in special projects, Meeting for Worship, field trips
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, completed application, and references, with the position in the subject line to: Cambridge Friends School, Human Resources, 5 Cadbury Road, Cambridge, MA 02140 FAX 617.876.1815 or email to email@example.com.
- Elementary Music