Carroll School, Lincoln, Waltham & Wayland, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Located in Waltham, Lincoln, and Wayland, Massachusetts Carroll School is an independent day school that serves 430 students from grades 1-9, who have language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia.
In an effort to address the greatest need of each child, we recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to a child’s learning experience. We welcome candidates who add to the diversity of our community and demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in their work.
This position works in the Lower School and will work with students from 1st grade to 5th grade. In this position, you will work in the absence of our regular teachers, aiding students in their daily tasks and helping ensure the understanding of the subject matter is being covered.
- Provide sub coverage to classrooms when teachers are absent
- Follow teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
- Monitor students out of class such as in the hallways and in the cafeteria
- Work with students on an individual basis as instructed by classroom teacher
- Perform duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience working with children preferably in an education setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and willing to learn
The Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Substitute Teacher