- Information Technology
Date Posted: August 2018 Starting Date: August 22, 2018
Reporting to: Director of Information Technology
Questions about this position should be emailed to: email@example.com - (Please, no phone calls/e-mails to Head’s office and/or HR.)
BB&N is seeking full-time Technology Integration and MakerSpace Mentor for a one-year position. This position is responsible for coordinating the use of our makerspace, collaborating with teachers, and supporting the growth of design thinking and STEAM. This is accomplished by building collaborative relationships with teachers, understanding their curricular goals, and supporting their efforts at increasingly powerful uses of technology in varying contexts for student-centered learning. We seek an educator focused on continuous improvement who has a contagious enthusiasm for supporting the use of technology in creative, cross-discipline, and inquiry-based learning. This is a full-time, 11-month position, with the possibility of renewal.
Technology Integration & Mentoring responsibilities include:
· Support teachers in developing educationally impactful projects using our makerspace.
· Serve as a catalyst, coach and collaborator to bring teachers’ innovative ideas into reality in their classrooms.
· Manage our makerspace, including the upkeep of supplies, tools, and scheduling.
· Teach lessons and classes (including 6th grade tech class 3 periods/week).
· Create extra-curricular opportunities for student engagement (e.g. after school programs).
· Meet with grade-level and academic committees on a regular basis to plan and assess projects.
· Support and encourage the use of digital resources for differentiated instruction.
· Demonstrate a consistent pattern of outreach and support of teachers in improving their technology proficiencies and goals.
· Orient and support new teachers in using our digital systems and software.
· Support teachers in developing and improving class websites for instructional purposes.
· Seek out high quality local and national technology-related PD workshop offerings for faculty.
· Seek out and sustain connections to area resources, organizations, and institutions to leverage the growth of our program and provide real-world learning opportunities for students.
· Help teachers use ISTE NETS standards to assess students’ technology proficiency.
· Communicate BB&N’s vision for effective technology integration to the faculty and parents through email, blogging, websites, and presentations.
Technology Support responsibilities include:
· Assist teachers with technology related questions and problems; troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate these common technology problems.
· Assist with audio-visual support needs of campus events.
· Help manage the upkeep of various laptop and iPad carts, and peripheral equipment.
· Manage student computer accounts, and perform password-resets as needed.
· Assist and support the FileMaker report-card database process by teachers.
· Assist parents with school-related technology questions or concerns as needed.
BB&N, a coeducational day school in Cambridge, MA, was established in 1974 by the merger of two independent schools, the Buckingham School and the Browne & Nichols School, founded respectively in 1889 and 1883. Located on multiple campuses, we work as one School in pursuit of excellence. We celebrate the diversity of our community, which enriches our daily experience. At BB&N we foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a deep concern and respect for others.
BB&N’s mission is to promote scholarship, integrity, and kindness in diverse, curious, and motivated students. The School prepares students for lives of principled engagement in their communities and the world. We value a diverse and inclusive community that fosters respect for the identities and perspectives of all.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in education, or equivalent experience (required).
· Classroom teaching experience, especially at the elementary level.
· Significant experience supporting technology resources in an educational setting (required).
· Background in design thinking protocols and/or STEM/STEAM.
· Familiarity with protocols for critical but supportive analysis of teaching.
· Experience with makerspace tools including laser cutters, 3D printers, etc.
· Experience collaborating with teachers to improve instruction and integrate technology.
· Experience with Mac and iOS, Google Apps, class websites, AV equipment and peripherals.
· Ability to articulate a compelling, energetic, and compassionate vision for technology use.
· Excellent communication skills: written, oral, and listening.
· Excellent organizational, management, and execution skills.
· Collaborative, flexible, responsible working style, pitching in to do whatever needs to be done.
· Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
· Good sense of humor!
Please visit the employment opportunities page at www.bbns.org or click https://www.bbns.org/about/employment-opportunities to complete your online application. Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement and/or Teaching Philosophy and Reference List as a single combined Word Document where it says ATTACH A RESUME (last section of the application). Documents submitted in PDF format are not accepted.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color to apply.