Lincoln School, Providence, RI
Accredited by NEASC and FCE
The Executive Assistant to the Head of School will provide confident and consistent support to the Head of School, including but not limited to all aspects of daily operations. The role encompasses a wide variety of administrative and executive duties, special projects, and initiatives.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented and innovative professional with strong communication and project management skills. The ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to support and play a key role in the daily operations of the Head of School’s office, leveraging a broad range of skills with a high degree of initiative in managing a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, while serving as a trusted partner with high integrity.
Lincoln School values working with a diverse faculty and staff and seeks applications from individuals who share our commitment to educating girls to fearlessly embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world.
Description of responsibilities:
- Represents the Head of School’s office using excellent written and oral communication skills through various communications and letters, often involving independent judgment, initiative, and discretion
- Maintains relationships with all offices throughout the school and attends events as requested by the Head of School
- Manages the Head's office budget
- Manages the Head of School’s schedule and calendar in concert with school priorities and the all-school calendar, providing timely and accurate follow through on minute and grand scales
- Provides all administrative support for the Board of Trustees, attends after-hours Board meetings, and takes minutes for various board and committee meetings
- Develops and manages the schoolwide master calendar, Trustee committee calendars as appropriate
- Manages all contracts and projects connected with the Head of School’s office (e.g., consultants, searches)
- Coordinates Head of School’s travel and professional development
- Plans a set of annual events (luncheons, receptions, etc.) for parents, trustees, and faculty/staff
- Obtains, gathers, and organizes pertinent data for Federal, State, and district surveys and reports
- Other duties as assigned. Occasional night and weekend hours will be required.
Skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent is required with administrative support experience, preferably with some experience in an executive office, ideally in an educational setting
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Aptitude for framing problems as opportunities
- Ability to cultivate strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to follow-through and close loops
- Strong proficiency in Google environment as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and other database programs
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational skills with multi-tasking capability
- Meeting, calendar, time, and event management experience
- Ability to handle confidential information and act with discretion
- Ability to use independent judgment in performing the responsibilities of the position
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3-5 references to Julie Stafford, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com. Lincoln School is committed to building an equitable and inclusive educational community. Applicants are requested to address in their cover letter how they will work with us to further this goal.
For more information on Lincoln School, visit our website at www.lincolnschool.org.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of groups historically underrepresented in independent schools are strongly encouraged to apply.