Mount Alvernia High School, Newton, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Mount Alvernia High School is an all-girls Catholic 7-12 high school sponsored by the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception located in Newton, MA. The school currently has 150 students from almost 40 different communities.
We are currently looking to hire a Director of Admissions for the 2020-2021 school year. This is a full time position eligible for benefits. This candidate will work collaboratively with the school’s leadership, specifically the Interim Head of School and Director of Advancement to best showcase the school and its mission.
The Director of Admissions is responsible for recruitment, enrollment and student data management.
- Oversight of the admissions process including inquiries, tours, shadow days, applications, interviews and enrollment
- Serve as the Designated School Official for Sevis
- Oversight of re-enrollment including updating student data
- Representing Mount Alvernia as school fairs and other admissions events
- Attending faculty meetings and parent events
- Preparing Enrollment reports for the Board of Directors
- Maintaining Ravena, Mount Alvernia’s enrollment database
- Creating and updating Admissions contents for the school website
- Collaborating on advertising and marketing
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, experience working in a school or non-profit. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Superior organizational skills, ability to multitask and event management skills necessary. Proficiency with Google Suite. Experience with Ravena and issuing I-20’s is a plus.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Nicole Pascarelli O’Brien
Interim Head of School
Mount Alvernia High School Mission Statement: As a community of learners in relationship with the Creator
and steeped in the Franciscan tradition, Mount Alvernia High School enlightens and shapes courageous,
compassionate and articulate women who believe that life has a purpose, who are able to discern the ‘good’
and who will be an effective force for it in the world.