Maimonides School, Brookline, MA
Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA, seeks a K-12 Physical Education Teacher. The K-12 Physical Education Teacher will be responsible for creating a nurturing and collaborative environment that cultivates physical fitness. Working together with colleagues, you will plan and execute a balanced physical education program that promotes growth and physical achievement through individual, pair, and team activity.
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
- Plan and implement engaging lessons that promote physical activity for children in grades K-12
- Establish precise objectives for every lesson, unit, and project
- Motivate children to be active participants by providing structure for skill development and game sessions
- Adapt daily routines to meet the interest and needs of the individual child and the group
- Provide an environment that encourages participation
- Implement positive discipline
- Interact with parents and guardians as required
- Adhere to administration policies and rules related to physical education
- Observe children and make notes of progress and development
- Provide a safe and secure environment where children feel comfortable
- Ensure that the facility and all equipment is clean, well-maintained, and safe
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and make safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Position Type and Expected Hours
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday. Maimonides School runs on an academic year, beginning in late August and ending in late June. Most faculty positions are not required to work from late June - early August.
Reports to: Elementary School Principal
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time
- Generous paid holiday schedule, including both federal and Jewish holidays. Maimonides School observes all the Jewish holidays, including Shabbat, which begins at sundown on Fridays.
- Cost-shared health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and long-term disability
- Public transit reimbursement (up to $150 per year)
- 403B retirement match
Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please apply to email@example.com with your desired position in the subject line.
- Physical Education Teacher