Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Major Gifts Officer to start January 4, 2021. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
- Securing major gifts of $25,000+ and helping donors align their philanthropic interest with the priorities of Dana Hall
- Managing a portfolio of donors and prospects with an emphasis on individual donor relationships, solicitations activities, and stewardship
- Qualifying alumnae, parents (current and past), grandparents and friends as prospective donors
- Creating and executing a customized cultivation plan for each person in the portfolio based on the qualifying information, relationship building, and historical giving patterns
- Acquiring timely and relevant institutional information to create and execute solicitation strategies and proposals for each prospect, as appropriate
- Tracking activity within Raiser’s Edge/RENXT and generating reports to track the progress of each prospect’s cultivation/solicitation/stewardship plan
- Attending key Dana Hall events to interact with donors and prospects, including travel and occasional evenings and weekends
- Collaborating with all members of the Advancement Office
- Completing other duties as assigned
Candidates must have: a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred; over 5 years of fundraising and donor management work experience; technical knowledge of data management systems and processes; experience with relevant Blackbaud solutions preferred, such as Raiser’s Edge/NXT and Online Express; knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Successful candidates will possess: excellent problem-solving, technology, and customer service skills; superior time-management skills with an ability to manage many tasks and projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines and maintaining quality work products; excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and an ability to create effective action plans to meet goals; strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and interpret business and financial data; effective communication skills, both orally and in writing to maintain open communication channels with relevant stakeholders; an ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with utmost discretion and explain Dana Hall’s planned giving program and vehicles for giving.
This is a twelve-month, full-time position reporting to the Director of Alumnae Relations and Major Giving.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.