Boston College High School, Boston, MA
Accredited by NEASC
Boston College High School is a Jesuit Catholic college-preparatory school for young men founded in 1863. The school enrolls approximately 1,450 day students in grades seven through twelve from over 100 communities in eastern Massachusetts.
Summary of Position
The Database Administrator is responsible for supporting the database information needs of the Advancement Office, including querying, exporting, reporting, and maintaining database integrity through clean and accurate data entry. The Database Administrator will provide direct technical support and training to staff and advise on processes to implement best practices in data management.
- Create and run accurate and relevant reports, queries and exports from Raiser’s Edge in support of the Advancement Office’s fundraising, stewardship and alumni/parent engagement initiatives.
- Run Raiser’s Edge standard reports and create new Crystal Reports to enable self-service reporting by staff. Consult with Advancement staff on data requests in order to ensure that requested reports are effective, relevant, and timely.
- Provide data for routine Advancement initiatives including financial reporting, solicitations, event invitations, donor recognition, annual reports, and pledge reminders.
- Manage data hygiene projects including appends, data cleanup, and routine data entry for projects such as new parent entry, prospect assignments, populating relationships, contact information updates and enhancements, and wealth screenings.
- Manage imports/exports between Blackbaud products and modules as needed. Perform regular and timely data synchronization between Raisers Edge and other platforms, including Evertrue.
- In consultation with Sr. Director of Development, develop policies and procedures that reflect best practices in data entry to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain annual benchmarking surveys related to Advancement and Alumni Engagement.
- Train new users on Raiser’s Edge and other Advancement platforms.
- Manage monthly and annual gift reconciliation including financial reporting in support of annual audit. Provide backup for gift entry as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current best practices in data management, and Raiser’s Edge, Evertrue and other Advancement data platforms product capabilities, by actively participating in Blackbaud and other peer-group trainings.
- As a member of the Advancement staff, provide support onsite for Advancement events as needed. Some weekend and evening work required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Proficient in administering, reporting and querying using Raiser’s Edge database required, including use of Crystal Reports. Some experience with other Blackbaud modules and additional school engagement platforms preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows operating environment is required, including advanced Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities through excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional intrapersonal and communication skills, with a spirit of collaboration and mutual accountability.
- Skilled in problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analyzing information from multiple sources.
- Strong commitment to maintaining a professional knowledge of current best practices.
- Uphold confidentiality in accordance with school policies.
- Commitment to the mission, goals and values of Boston College High School.
- Database Administrator